Friday 11 May 2012

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used different media technologies in product creation such as using different pieces of software for the different stages of production. For my radio advert i used software such as Audacity to create the base for my radio and record the voice over from the different people participating.



After putting my radio advert in audacity i then placed the track in Adobe Premier and added a soundtrack from the internet and editied both tracks to correspond with the voices in the origional recording. The image above demonstrates how i imported the different files and used the timeline to edit the tracks to suit the recording.


When creating my newspaper i used the software Microsoft Publisher to make my project look professional and effective. I created my newspaper name by using the featur Word Art, which allowed me to create an eye catching font and choose an effective colour scheme to display my newspaper name.




Along with creating the name for my newspaper i also used Publisher to allign the columns for my page layout. This allowed me to easily input my text into the spaces that i wanted to and make the newspaper look presentable and professional. To make the different pictures and text stand out, Publisher allowed me to create different sized text boxes and shapes to sculpt my newspaper into a unique design. Following on from the designing of my images, Microsoft Publisher had a 'Crop' feature in which i could resize my images so that they would fit into a required position and be of suitable size. Adding on to the crop tool i could also resize my shapes to contain the same image, but be of a bigger/smaller size dependant on the space provided.


When creating my newspaper i used new media technologies such as a digital camera (Nikon D60). I noticed that the digital camera had a viewing screen upon it which allowed me to view the image i had taken instantly once i had taken it. I found this feature very useful as it allowed me to perfect my pictures and display them to the highest possible standard.Along with a viewing screen the camera i used also had a flash feature which produced light in darkened places so that my images would be able to be recognised with or without light.




No comments:

Post a Comment